We identified a half-dozen of these questions in our previous post. Here are some additional questions for you to think about, which might help you identify goals and what is important to you.
- Do I expect family members to help me as I age?
- What supports are available to help me live independent from my family?
- Will I be able to take care of my own needs without help from other family members or government programs?
- Do I have knowledge about the resources that are available to me to assist with my planning?
- Am I living a healthy lifestyle and taking care of myself?
- Do I have a plan in place in the event of an emergency
There are many resources available to help with these issues; please contact your elder law attorney for assistance.