Beyond establishing a starting point and making sure to care for themselves as well, these care givers can also benefit by familiarizing themselves with certain elements of estate planning.
Five key reasons for this are:
- Estate planning documents give the person you choose the power to appoint agents to make decisions when you cannot
- It can avoid guardianship
- It will help control what happens to your assets upon death
- It makes things easier for friends and family
- Even if you have documents, laws change and the documents should be reviewed to determine if any updates are needed; we typically recommend reviews at least every five (5) years
Read the full article...